Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daddy not left behind!

Taking a cue from my ode to my mom and mothers in general yesterday, my husband found a book dedicated to the fathers of the world! As if to say ‘hey….dads are important too’, he read “Daddy is a Cosy Hug’ by Rhonda Gowler Greene and illustrated by Maggie Smith. So this morning, after giving him a cozy hug, Abhay saw his daddy off as he set out to fly out of town on work. Tonight, probably missing his daddy, Abhay wanted me to read the same book to him at bedtime. In the book, a little boy recounts the best days of the year – the days spent with his dad, a man of all seasons! Be it pairing up for a splash in the beach, or acting as a pillow when out camping, or snorting like a horse for the little cowboy to ride on, or chugging along with his miniature engine, serving as a blanket when cold winds blow, spreading out like an umbrella when it rains, cuddling him to bed – his daddy does it all!

As I finished reading this book, I could see Abhay make a mental note of all the things he would want to do when his daddy gets back. So…..here’s warning Abhay’s daddy, even before the work week has begun, …..your weekend is booked!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. What can I say? Your energy is infectious! It is wonderful to connect with Abhay through these wonderful books. I am glad to be able to do it in bits thanks largely to your lead on this. I am already looking forward to the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete